- Criminal Defense
Our practice understands that most individuals are seeking our services at a difficult and trying time in their life. As such, we make sure that our clients and their loved ones not only receive zealous representation, but also the communication and support that they deserve. Attorney Thompson becomes personally invested in the outcome of each and every case he undertakes.
As a young boy, Attorney Thompson attended St. Rose Elementary School and the Scranton Preparatory School. He earned his Bachelors of Science degree in Business Management from the University of Scranton's Kania School of Management. Subsequently he worked in the private sector before earning his Juris Doctor degree from the Widener University School of Law.
While in law school, Attorney Thompson completed an internship with the Honorable Robert J. Conway, P.J. in the Wayne County Court of Common Pleas in Honesdale, Pennsylvania. He subsequently completed a year-long externship in the Lackawanna County District Attorney's office where he was certified by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court to practice law as a Certified Legal Intern.
Upon completing his externship with the Lackawanna County District Attorney's Office, Attorney Thompson accepted a Judicial Clerkship with the Honorable Michael J. Barrasse in the Lackawanna County Court of Common Pleas Criminal Division. While serving in this capacity for almost six years, Attorney Thompson developed strong relationships and an intimate familiarity with the Lackawanna County Courts, the substantive and procedural principles of the criminal law, and various individuals and agencies that are associated with the criminal justice system.
After nearly six years as a judicial law clerk, Attorney Thompson went into the private practice of criminal defense and founded the Law Offices of William D. Thompson.
- Widener University School of Law, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Juris Doctor
- University of Scranton's Kania School of Management, Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Bachelors of Science
- Major: Business Management
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Lackawanna County Bar Association
- National Association of Drug Court Professionals
- Pennsylvania Association of Drug Court Professionals
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Trial Lawyers
- 10 Best for Client Satisfaction by American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys – 2015
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers by National Trial Lawyers – 2014 & 2015
- Honorable Robert J. Conway, P.J. in the Wayne County Court of Common Pleas in Honesdale, Pennsylvania, Intern
- Lackawanna County District Attorney's office, Extern
- Honorable Michael J. Barrasse in the Lackawanna County Court of Common Pleas Criminal Division, Judicial Clerkship
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Legal Intern, Pennsylvania Supreme Court