Attorney Filing Appeals in Scranton

Working to Appeal Criminal Convictions

Being convicted of any crime is a very stressful and life-altering situation, especially if the conviction occurred as a result of mistakes in the justice system. If you feel that the justice system has failed you and want a second chance to prove your innocence, you will need the help of a Scranton criminal defense attorney.

The consequences that a conviction carries, such as fines, prison sentences, mandatory parole or probation, and the loss of certain privileges can weigh heavily on you, your family, and your future. At the Law Offices of William D. Thompson, we know that you may be feeling upset about the results of your trial and want to file an appeal.

We are available 24/7 to answer your questions and concerns. Call our Scranton criminal defense attorney today at 570.666.1068. Se habla español.

Can You Help Me File an Appeal?

Although prosecutors and law enforcement officials are supposed to take great precaution when they are putting together a case, there is always room for mistakes. Injustices can occur and this can lead to you being wrongly convicted of an act which you did not commit. Our legal team is highly experienced at filing appeals for individuals like yourself and we take the time to explore the entire process which led up to your conviction to determine where the mistake was made.

A few defense strategies we may explore include the following:

  • Evidence that your defense attorney made mistakes in your initial case
  • Evidence that would have strengthened your defense that was left out
  • Evidence that the prosecution intentionally misled or lied to the jury
  • Evidence that the sentencing did not follow the Federal Sentencing Guidelines
  • Evidence that evidence used in the case was gathered illegally

You have the right to an attorney and you should take quick action to hire a Scranton appeals lawyer to defend you. Reach out to our firm 24 hours a day, 7 days a week online to request a confidential and complimentary case consultation.

Request a Free Consultation

We are available 24/7. Fill out the following form or call (570) 666-1068. Someone from our firm will return your inquiry shortly.

  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.