Bill Thompson: Scranton Criminal Defense Lawyer
Personally Invested in Your Criminal Matter in Scranton, PA & All of
Attorney Thompson is a life-long resident of Lackawanna County. He is licensed
to practice in the United States District Court of the Middle and Eastern
Districts of Pennsylvania and serves on the Criminal Justice Act (CJA)
Panel as a court-appointed criminal defense attorney.
Our practice understands that most individuals are seeking our services
at a difficult and trying time in their life. As such, we make sure that
our clients and their loved ones not only receive zealous representation,
but also the communication and support that they deserve. Attorney Thompson
becomes personally invested in the outcome of each and every case he undertakes.
As a young boy, Attorney Thompson attended St. Rose Elementary School and
the Scranton Preparatory School. He earned his Bachelors of Science degree
in Business Management from the University of Scranton's Kania School
of Management. Subsequently he worked in the private sector before earning
his Juris Doctor degree from the Widener University School of Law.
While in law school, Attorney Thompson completed an internship with the
Honorable Robert J. Conway, P.J. in the Wayne County Court of Common Pleas
in Honesdale, Pennsylvania. He subsequently completed a year-long externship
in the Lackawanna County District Attorney's office where he was certified
by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court to practice law as a Certified Legal Intern.
Upon completing his externship with the Lackawanna County District Attorney's
Office, Attorney Thompson accepted a Judicial Clerkship with the Honorable
Michael J. Barrasse in the Lackawanna County Court of Common Pleas Criminal
Division. While serving in this capacity for almost six years, Attorney
Thompson developed strong relationships and an intimate familiarity with
the Lackawanna County Courts, the substantive and procedural principles
of the criminal law, and various individuals and agencies that are associated
with the criminal justice system.
After nearly six years as a judicial law clerk, Attorney Thompson went
into the private practice of
criminal defense and founded the Law Offices of William D. Thompson.
Admitted to Practice:
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- 10 Best for Client Satisfaction by American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers by National Trial Lawyers – 2014 & 2015
- Widener University School of Law, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- University of Scranton, Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Scranton Preparatory School, Scranton, Pennsylvania
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Lackawanna County Bar Association
- National Association of Drug Court Professionals
- Pennsylvania Association of Drug Court Professionals
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Trial Lawyers
Attorney Thompson’s criminal defense practice commonly serves Lackawanna,
Susquehanna, Wayne, Monroe, Luzerne, Wyoming, and Pike Counties. If you
are facing a charge, call the Law Offices of William D. Thompson at 570.666.1068.
free initial consultation today.